1. Press magazine catch with right thumb and, at same time, withdraw magazine from receiver. Pull slide to rear and look in chamber to see that gun is not loaded. Close slide and pull trigger so hammer is down.
2. With thumb, press inward on knurled end of plug, at same time rotating barrel bushing, turn clockwise to free plug and recoil spring assembly. Rest heel of gun on table so both hands may be used.
3. Remove plug and recoil spring. If spring does not come free easily, rotate plug in counter-clockwise direction to separate plug from recoil spring.
4. Rotate barrel bushing counter-clockwise until disengaged from slide. Remove barrel bushing.
5. Slide is pulled to rear until lug on slide stop is opposite clearance notch on slide. Rounded end of slide stop pin protruding on right side of receiver is pushed inward by finger of left hand, which disengages slidestop from slide.
6. Remove slide stop.
7. Pull receiver group to rear and off slide. Recoil spring guide can now be lifted out.
8. Push link forward and remove barrel from front of slide.
9. With hammer cocked, rotate safety lock almost to “On” position. It can now be pulled to left and away from receiver.
10. Remove hammer pin.
11. Lift out hammer assembly.
12. Using hammer strut, punch out mainspring housing pin.
13. Slide mainspring housing off receiver.
14. Lift out grip safety.
15. Lift out sear spring.
16. Remove sear pin.
17. Lift out sear and disconnector. Note relationship of these parts to facilitate reassembly.
18. Depress magazine catch from left side; at same time rotate magazine catch lock 1/4 turn counter-clockwise using lip of sear spring as screwdriver. Magazine catch assembly is then removed from right side of receiver. Catch assembly can be reduced to components by turning lock clockwise 1/4 turn. Spring and lock will come out.
19. Remove trigger.
20. With hammer strut, push out link pin, separating link from barrel.
21. With hammer strut, push in on firing pin. At same time place fingernail against top edge of firing pin stop and push downward, freeing firing pin stop from recess in slide.
22. Remove firing pin stop. Firing pin assembly can now be removed from slide.
23. With hammer strut, pry out and remove extractor.
24. Separate firing pin from firing pin spring.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment to get in touch with me. I check my email often and will get back to you ASAP.